SEO, Website, and Marketing Support for Industrial Services Company
An industrial waste services business reached out to Vandalist to help with their online lead generation efforts as their existing website was not yielding any enquiries. The existing site was due for an overhaul, was lacking analytics tracking, and was not particularly user friendly. In addition, the businesses services were not being discovered in online searches which essentially rendered the website ineffective.
We firstly spoke to the client about what they expected their website to do for the business so that we had an understanding of what was needed before we began. We explained how a website’s ecosystem works and how we go about building online lead generation systems. We spoke about the need of having a relevant and persuasive website, but also the need to drive traffic to it – no value in paying thousands of dollars for a website that no one will visit.
We spoke to the client about using analytics to track referral sources and to determine how they were being found. We also spoke about the need to adjust website content so that the popular content assisted in converting visitors into enquirers.
Once we had worked through this education piece, we discussed their business more specifically with regards to the most profitable and sustainable services they offer. We explained that these servicers should be our “low hanging fruit” and other services can build off these. This allowed us to formulate a process for the website build, the application of search engine optimisation techniques, and a schedule for reviewing analytics. Additionally, we identified 50 search terms that our analytics research identified that their ideal customers were searching for. This formed the basis of the search engine optimisation program which we tracked and reported on each month to show how these search terms were being used to bring traffic to the new website.
The website itself was completed inside eight weeks. For the next six months, we had monthly meetings to work through how the search engine optimisation effort should influence website adjustments.
The search engine optimisation effort took effect inside six weeks with 32 of the 50 search terms reaching page one. This led to more new email and phone enquiries in the first two months of the new site being live then that of the previous six months. As a result of the increased calls and email enquiries, our client needed to add on three new field staff members and an additional administration resource.
As part of the project, we compiled all web asset accounts (hosting, domains, SSL certificates, backups, social media, and other existing subscriptions) and consolidated them into a single hub which in itself saved several hundred dollars a year on duplicated services and unnecessary subscriptions. We created a program for periodic communication with existing clients in order to keep their leads engaged, and developed information packs to help convert enquiries into customers.